Monday, December 29, 2008

Odds and Ends

Apparently I am going to have some cooking challenges coming my way. This arises from the fact that my husband's treatment for his illness is causing a decrease in his appetite which in turn is causing some weight loss. Now, he wasn't big to start with, so he really can't tolerate much weight loss. I, on the other hand, am type II diabetic, which means I need to watch carbs among other things. Carbs are the last thing I need, although according to no/low carb followers fat isn't a problem. Anyway, I have to figure out how to cook to accommodate both our needs. Could prove to be interesting as well as challenging.

One solution is to have hubby just eat small amounts all day long. And that is pretty much what he is doing. Since the holidays are over, we (well, me) are going to a fairly low card lifestyle. I froze all the leftover Christmas cookies for him. I am keeping ice cream around for him...fortunately, I am not that big a fan of ice cream. I will be using a great deal of cream and butter...mmmmmm. I guess this isn't so bad after all. Most of my recipes will be low carb and yummy. I think I am going to work on developing recipes that are fairly simple with easy to find ingredients. Low carb cookbooks are standard in my kitchen, and I will credit recipes that are not original. Oh, and guess what, you can make low carb desserts! How cool is that!? So stay tuned.

On another note, Judy Barnes Baker, the author of "The Carb Wars" cookbook, is developing recipes for a new cookbook and is looking for people to make her dishes and evaluate the recipes. You can read more about it here. I have volunteered to be a tester. Yay! Another reason to cook. But due to confidentiality I won't be posting any of that here.






Now to leave you with some of my favorite photos.











No captions, just fun. 'Til later!

No comments: