Monday, May 18, 2009

Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops

OK, right up front I am going to admit this did not turn out well. I think it was one of those mornings that, as the Mary Chapin Carpenter song goes, the stars were stacked against me and I should have stayed in bed. First thing...my hubby, who seems to have some strange aura that surrounds him when it comes to electronics, clicked something on the computer and sent the desktop on the laptop reeling. Much chastising ensued, and I made dire warnings of what would happen to him should he do it again. Later in the day I finally restored the laptop, and proceeded to start the recipe for this posting. It was late in the day, and I realized I had not read the recipe very closely. The dang dish was going to take 1 1/2 hours in the oven. Dinner was not going to be ready until almost 7. Alright, it was still doable. I assembled everything, and put it in the oven. It had been along day, so I thought a rest was in order so laid down and read for a bit. About the time the foil was supposed to come off the dish for the last half hour, hubby walks in and asks if dinner is ready since the oven was off. HOLY CRAP! Somehow I had managed to turn the oven off when I stuck the potatoes and pork chops into the oven! Dinner gets put off another hour, and hubby laughs his rear off, and decides that after the computer fiasco he now has a "get out of jail free" card.

Fast forward to the dish actually being done....I plate it up to photograph, aim the camera, and...nothing. The stupid camera is on the fritz again. And after all of this, do you think this yummy sounding dish was yummy? Of, course not! I decided these were the pork chops that were destined to not be blogged. 

So, today, no recipe. I have some ideas on how to improve this dish, and make it as delectable as it deserves. When I work the kinks out, I will post it, with accompanying photos.

Until then...visualize yummy scalloped potatoes with pork chops. They will be wonderful! I promise.

No comments: