Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Farm Journal

As I stated a few days ago, I am devoting this blog to Farm Journal cookbook recipes. I emailed Farm Journal to ask about copyright issues. The kind woman who responded said she didn't think there was a problem as long as I cite the cookbook in which the original recipe appeared, and I provided a link to the Farm Journal website. The link is now posted under Favorite Links. The Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken is from Farm Journal's Best-Ever Recipes published in 1977, and the Sweet and Sour Green Beans is from Family Favorites from Country Kitchens, published in 1973.  Both of these recipes have been altered to be more contemporary, but not more expensive. And that is my goal here...update the recipes, keep them economical and tasty. Wouldn't the whole world improve if families actually sat down to dinner together a few nights a week? I think we should all make that a goal. Who and what are at your table tonight?

No comments: