Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cooking Old School


I love Farm Journal cookbooks. I love the recipes. Those farm wives really knew how to cook filling, flavorful, and economical dishes. They had to. They were often cooking for a great deal more people than we city dwellers do. But I have decided in these tough economic times to take a page from their (cook)book. I am going to devote the next year of this blog to cooking and posting from the Farm Journal cookbooks...I have lots. But...I am going to put a more contemporary twist on each recipe that I try. That does not mean that instead of bacon I will use pancetta. This is farm cooking, for Pete's sake, not haute cuisine. And I want the recipes to be "finances" friendly.  And I have to say, I have never met a Farm Journal recipe that I didn't like. So stay tuned.

No comments: