Monday, February 23, 2009

School House Rock

So, how many of you either grew up with or your kids grew up with School House Rock? I loved those little 2 or 3 minute teaching moments between Saturday morning cartoons. That was how, as an adult, I finally understood how a bill became a law. That little cartoon explained the whole process much better than my 9th grade Civics teacher (no, that is not a Honda). Do they even teach Civics any more? And who could forget Conjunction Function?! Anyway, the highlight of my week was receiving the 30th anniversary collection in the mail today. I'm really looking forward to watching these and then picking some out to share with my students. It doesn't take much to make me happy...kitchen gadgets, educational stuff, Hugh Jackman.

P.S. I wanted to load an image on the page, but when I click on the add image on the top bar nothing happens. If any of you "geeky" type readers (and I definitely mean that in a good way) know how to fix this....HELP! Thank you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to get the School House Rocks collection for the kiddos and myself. Where did you order it from?.

Karen said...

Maureen, I got it through Amazon. They have several different versions. This one is a two disc version with all of the songs on it.

beartwin said...

I'm now singing songs from the series in my head. You think Paul would like these?

Carl and Pat said...

I loved that show also, and I do remember the segment on how a bill becomes a law. All classes should be taught that way, on up through college! I remember Morgan Freeman from Electric Company and still think of that when I see him. Now for the photos--where is Kris when you need him!

Thomas said...

Nate asks me questions about TV shows like these all the time and I have to remind him that I lived way out in the sticks and our TV had rabbit ears and we only got 4 channels. You and Nate could yuck it up about School House Rock and Conjunction Junction. Too funny!
-Maile