Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! Theodore Seuss Geisel was born on this day in 1902. What a marvelous effect he has had on generations of children. I still have quite a few books of his, and off course, read them to my kids. Millions of children in schools around the nation will be celebrating his life. It really was quite a lovely life, too. To find out more about this imaginative and influential author and illustrator go here. It'a a wonderful interactive site devoted to Dr. Seuss. Kids and adults both will enjoy it.

What are your favorite Dr. Seuss' books? I loved The Sneetches and The Butter Battle Book. So many of his books taught such important lessons in such an entertaining way. Even in my tutoring I try to throw in a Dr. Seuss on occasion.

So, in honor of a wonderful children's (and can we also say adult's) author, go find a child, and enjoy a Dr. Seuss book together!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Finn and I love "The Foot Book". Perhaps my favorite creative endeavor of Mr. Geisel was the Johnny Cash song "Boy Named Sue." Bernard gets a kick out of that song.

Carl and Pat said...

"Green Eggs and Ham," and "Horton Hears a Who." I was introduced to Horton as a child! Thanks for this info, Karen!