Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day...In a Restaurant

Given all the nonsense that has gone on this year with the family cancer, hubby and I decided we really didn't want the stress of trying to do a dinner at our home. So, my dear sweet sister-in-law proposed that she and her husband drive the 2 1/2 hours our direction and meet up at a restaurant that does a T-Day buffet. Hurray!! No cooking. Of course, that means no leftovers. But, never fear. I still loaded up on turkeys. I hit a couple of the local super markets and grabbed a couple. I would like one more, but I don't think my freezer can handle another one.

My wonderful children are totally understanding of this decision and have made other plans. Their dad came home Saturday from a week stay in the hospital, and we celebrated by having the kids over and chowing down on Thanksgiving pizza! Awesome.

Needless to say, I am not posting any Thanksgiving day recipes. I am saving them for Christmas. We are going to do the big dinner then. Until then, here is a previous post I did using leftover turkey for some absolutely delish soup.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and don't forget to be thankful for all the blessings you do have. Remember, it's the little things that count, like truly incredible family all around. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recipe for Thanksgiving pizza:

1. Order from Papa Murphy's
2. Cook pizza

Carl and Pat said...

Very touching post, Karen. You are so very right--family rocks! I think next year we are going to do the restaurant Thanksgiving. Enjoy and give all those great kids (and grandson) of your a hug for us!